Saturday 18 April 2009

Photoshop CS3: Creating a Profile Picture [Part 2]

Create the bars [DONE]
Transparent Gaps [DONE]
Background for bars [DONE]
Rectangle border [DONE]
Render [DONE]
Name Tag
Appropriate Font & Colour for name tag

Since this is my first attempted at a different style of avatar, I decided against adding a background from a picture for the sake of overcomplication. I instead decided to use 2 colours and add a cloud filter on the rectangles. I decided to use Black & Red since I already had in mind what render I wanted. I asked my friend who told me my old pictures pretty much suck what border to put around the rectangles. He told me gold, good choice. This was accomplished through highlighting the rectangle using the rectangle marquee tool, right clicking inside the spcace and clicking "stroke". I chose to make it 2 px since I wanted it to somewhat stand out. I added the render, resized and rearranged my layer to suit my fitting. I made a smaller rectangle and lowered the opacity to keep the name tag in, but I'm having the toughest of times finding a decent font.

HEX codes to remember:
Gold - #D4AF37
Navyish Blue - #225277

No comments:

Post a Comment