Saturday 18 April 2009

Photoshop CS3: Creating a Profile Picture [Part 1]

I've begun my task of creating this picture. I've split the tasks into different segments.

Create the bars [DONE]
Transparent Gaps [DONE]
Background
Rectangle border
Render
Name Tag
Appropriate Font & Colour for name tag

I've been able to create the bars (easily enough) using the rectangular marquee and paint bucket tools. I set the colour of the bars to black just so I could tell where they were. I've ran into a wall getting the transparent gaps however. When you save the picture as .PNG it keeps the transparency. However, when you upload the file to the game, it turns the picture into a black box. My only other option was to save it as a jpeg but this automatically puts a white background making the gaps white.For a good 2 hours I was racking my brain trying to figure out how excatly to get the lines transparent. Then, I found the solution. Find the page's background colour and make the gaps that colour to blend it in. I was able to find the colour's hex code from the page source and then paint the gaps the same colour, achieving the goal I had intended (it may not be transparent, but it gives the illusion of it).
Now comes the hardest part, finding a suitable background.

No comments:

Post a Comment