Sunday 7 June 2009

CS3: Dexter Avatar

So one of my new found "things to do" involve watching a show called Dexter. It's a TV series which follows a PD member who 'clenas up the streets' by killing those who have murdered others and evaded the law.
Going on this theme, I decided that this was a great subject on a new avatar. I remembered seeing a Blood Splatter wallpaper on the protagnists screen and his field of work is Blood Splatter for the PD.
I went on DeviantArt to grab a splatter brush and used an appropriate hex code (Can't remember what it was). SPlattered a few times using a reddish colour. I then got a picture and cut it to seperate it from the background.
I then decided to put an effect on it (an idea from a previous avatar involving the Godfather) and found the perfect one when I realised the colour of the effect changes depending on the colours you have selected (Which was White and Red).
I will, in the near future redo this avatar but keep the font white and the text inside one of the splatter areas (gives it a cool effect).
Enjoy! (the size is small because I made it as a profile pic to a game I was playing at the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment